05 June 2013

Happy Turkey Feet!!



so another project that i started again at knit camp - the adorable {Churchmouse} Turkish bed socks.  the hold up this time:

mattress stitch heel.


yes yes
                   yes.

i literally stopped for a few months because i wasn't in the mood for it.


but i am happy overall with how they are.  i knit them a bit loose, so they really are a kind of house sock (and only one skein of Koigu KPPPM!). i love so many of the patterns from Churchmouse yarns and Teas, which is definitely a must if you are anywhere remotely near Bainbridge Island off the coast of Seattle.  it was one of the most beautiful shops i've been to.

so there's my sock

and i'm sticking to it!



1 comment:

  1. My name is Melissa Donovan I live SE of Pittsburgh, Mt. Pleasant PA.

    My question re: the Turkish Bed Socks (TBS).

    I was stuck at Step 5 into 6. When one has to seam up using mattress stitch, Do I cut the running yarn leaving a generous tail so I can use the working yarn to seam up both sides? I am a little confused.

    Any tips:

    Did you like the pattern instructions?
    Recipients of the socks, Did they say how well they like them. ie - What they liked about them?
    Have you ever used worsted yarn for a thicker sock?

    Did you ever knit the Malibrigo Slipper, if so, how you compare the two?

    Thanking you in advance for your reply.

    -Melissa Donovan

    ReplyDelete